Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Day 5: Beads


Beads, originally uploaded by tjkmfk.

I look up and memories of the crowds, the music , and the food over come me. What a day!! It was packed wall to wall people. I had to force my way through to cross the street to make it to the party I was going to. I clung to my son's hand with a death grip. I knew I'd never find him again if I lost him in the crowd. Eager for a little enjoyment after a hard year I moved quickly down the block.

Now today, looking up into this tree, I feel sad. The street is so quiet. The people gone. No music…. and the beads---lost, forgotten, tattered…… Don't we all feel like that sometimes? Like no one loves us? or would even notice if we were gone? Like we are standing still as the world moves fast around us? I know I have and probably will again at sometime in the future. But just maybe, I will remember this picture and know that it is not permanent. There will be good times just as there well be another Mardi Gras.

2 comments:

  1. You should choose to look at it as more of the big events in our lives always leave a little something behind to remind us of them. Not as something sad and despressing, but a reminder that no matter how quiet things get, the big events are always just around the corner. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. profound thoughts .. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete